Thunderbird Body Shape
Crafted from mahogany, the Epiphone Thunderbird Vintage Pro Electric Bass offers top quality and the perfect resonance. Originally designed by car designer Ray Dietrich in the 1960s, who based the design on 1950's car tail-fins, the classic Thunderbird body shape provides the ultimate comfort as well as a renowned style icon. Its elegant contours and cutaway, allows for fluid hand flexibility across the full fingerboard, for a comfortable performance.
Neck & Fingerboard
As well as offering a comfortable and stylish mahogany body, the Epiphone Thunderbird Vintage Pro Electric Bass also features a 1960's rounded bass profile neck, just like the original. With its neck-through construction, players can achieve smooth playability on the higher frets, and enhanced sustain and resonance. The mahogany neck also features an adjustable truss rod for the perfect set up, and a rosewood fingerboard with 20 medium-jumbo frets.
ProBucker Bass Pickups
For that classic 1960 vintage tone, the Thunderbird Vintage Pro Electric Bass is equipped with a pair of ProBucker Bass Pickups. These pickups are crafted with same process as the ProBucker and P-90 PRO, and feature 18% nickel silver covers with German manufactured Elektrisola Magnet wire, Alnico IV sand cast magnets, and braided coaxial lead wire. Each pickup is also wax potted to eliminate undesirable microphonics. Control knob options include individual Volume controls and a master Tone.
The Embassy PRO Bass Guitar features a 1960's TB-Bass Tune-O-Matic bridge, which is an extremely popular fixed bridge type due to its stability, reliability, comfortable playing position and impressive sustain.
- Equipped with a pair of Epiphone ProBucker Bass #760 Humbuckers, for a vintage tone
- An accurate reproduction of a vintage classic with modern improvements
- Mahogany Body Wings designed by Ray Dietrich in the 1960s, inspired by 1950's car tail fins
- Tune-o-matic bridge and Claw tailpiece provide superb intonation
- 1960's Rounded Bass Profile neck, just like the original
- Rosewood fingerboard with 20 medium jumbo frets
- 3-Layer white and black pickguard features the original "Thunderbird" logo in black
- Elegant contours and cutaway provide comfortable playability
- Neck-through construction delivers enhanced sustain and resonance
- Classic gold top hat control knobs with chrome metal inserts
- Control options include Volume x 2 and master Tone
- Includes Epiphone limited lifetime warranty
- Series: Vintage Pro
- Body Material: Mahogany Body Wings
- Body Shape: Thunderbird
- Body Colour: Tobacco Sunburst
- Neck Material: 7-ply; Mahogany/Walnut Laminate
- Neck Shape: 1960's Rounded Bass Profile
- Neck Joint:Through-Neck
- Scale Length: 34''
- Fingerboard Radius: 12''
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Number of Frets: 20
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Nut: Imitation Bone; White
- Nut Width: 1-1/2''
- Position Inlays: Pearlod Dots
Hardware & Electronics
- Bridge Pickup: Epiphone ProBucker Bass #760 Humbucker
- Neck Pickup: Epiphone ProBucker Bass #760 Humbucker
- Controls: Volume X 2, Tone
- Bridge: 1960's TB-Bass Tune-o-matic; Adjustable
- Tuning Machines: Open-gear Bass Tuners with historic "Clover" buttons; 17:1 ratio
- Control knobs: Gold Tophats with chrome metal inserts
- Pickguard: 3-Layer (White/Black/White); "Thunderbird" logo in black
- Case: None
- Accessories: Epiphone Limited Lifetime Warranty